Windows error handler picking up crash instead of crash reporter.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I have downloaded the project and built the solution, when I try running the test project after I click the button to throw the exception crash reporter does not catch it. It is the usual windows error handler that occurs when your application does not have an error handler. The project is referenced, and included in the bin along with the test project assembly. The code was completely untouched, I am not sure what the issue is. Do you have any ideas?

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2012 at 5:59 AM

give me code sample or screenshot. it will prove useful. You must enter valid email address and password as your smtp server in test project.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I have the same issue.

in other words,.. when I run your sample exe file , it works fine , ie , the error is displayed by you error handler.

BUT... when I build the application myself , ie, delete your exe file , then build the project >>> any error is catched by the normal windows crach window

any ideas.

Waleed

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2012 at 5:35 AM

can you provide your example project or Program.cs of a example project.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dear Ravi15 ,

It is actually your sample test project , when I run the exe that is initially downloaded , the program works well. But when i delete the exe , then build the program , it works , but it get the normal "traditional" crash exception that windows display.

I have attached your project . what I did was :

- download your project.

- run the exe... the program works well.

- delete the exe of the  test project.. then Rebuild the project again.

- run the exe... it does  not work.

attached project is hosted by 4shared at :      http://www.4shared.com/zip/xw75LW_C/CrashReporterNET.html

My Assumption..

- is there any settings in the VS ?

Thanks for your great control .. and your support as well

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2012 at 6:28 AM

You didn't change mail info in Program.cs. Add your smtp server and mail info in Program.cs and it will work.